Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Article Published - MOW Yard Office

My second article for O Gauge Railroading magazine was published in Run 338, the October/November 2024 issue. It describes how to construct a Maintenance of Way (MOW) storage and yard office from a surplus boxcar. I was heavily inspired by George Dutka and mentioned as much in my article.

It was a fun project to work on before I had a layout, and it really let me explore how much detailing could be done in O scale (my previous layouts were N and HO scale). Plus, I used a TTOS club car for the Empire and Eastern and I felt like I was paying homage to the local train club that has helped me over the past couple of years as I build up my O scale knowledge.


This is not my first published article in OGR magazine. Run 333 had an article about removable loads for Delaware & Hudson blue glass hoppers made with real glass beads. This was a natural extension after having done some for HO scale previously.




No comments:

Post a Comment