Friday, June 21, 2024

Introduction

This is my first post on my new adventures in O scale. As I write this I believe I have several goals that I would like this blog to accomplish. First, I would like it to be a diary of my efforts to research, build, and operate my layout. Second, I would like it to be a way to share my accomplishments, failures, questions, and thoughts with others.

As will be explained further in the future, I am currently an active HO scale modeler and have a partially-finished layout already, as well as a corresponding blog documenting my progress (and other railroad and non-railroad ramblings!) It can be found here. I will try and keep this blog focused solely on my O scale railroad and related activities, and keep my older one for everything else.

This has been a long-time coming. I don't make any promises regarding the frequency of updates because starting a new layout in a brand new scale is a bit scary. At least it is for me. However, like any good train ride, the first step is getting on board (actually, the first step is buying a ticket but that didn't sound as good!)

I have been collecting slides of images from various railroads for several years for inspiration, and this one is one of my favorites. A colorful train, lovely hilly scenery, lots of greenery, a bridge, and some small buildings. It could pass for anywhere in New England but it is Frankfort, Maine, taken on May 24, 1991. For now, it will also serve as the head picture for my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment